Al-Hidayah Sharh Bidayatul Mubtadi 7 Volume Set (Ed. Saa'id Bakdash) الهداية شرح بداية المبتدي - تحقيق سائد بكداش
An unparalleled contribution to this fundamental Hanafi fiqh book, al-Hidayah sharh Bidayatul Mubtadi.
Edited by Dr. Saa'id Bakdash.
- Compiled after painstakingly reviewing more than 50 manuscripts of Hidayah, collected from around the world.
- A 280 page introduction, comprising of the following topics:
- Biography of the author, Imam Marghinani
- Discussion of the status of the work al-Hidayah and that scholars have afforded it throughout history.
- Lists of scholars of the past who memorized the entire text.
- A detailed analysis of Imam Marginani's style both in the matn, Bidayatul Mubtadi, and commentary, al-Hidayah including his approach: how he presented the masaail, his methodology of tarjeeh of rulings, meanings of expressions he uses, and so on.
- Descriptions of other works (both published and unpublished) that scholars have produced regarding Hidayah, including commentaries, books of takhreej, and so on.
- Details regarding each of the 50 manuscripts used in the editing of this edition: location, date, and unique qualities.
- Detailed presentation of Sh. Saa'id's approach in producing this tahqeeq.
- Contains the text of Bidayatul Mubtadi at the top, separately, for ease of reading, as well as interspersed within the text of Hidayah.
- Text is paragraphed for flow and ease of reading.
- Extensive footnotes highlight:
- Hadith references, including several references that were missing from classical works of Takhreej on Hidayah.
- Areas where there were important differences amongst manuscripts
- Verification of Imam Marghinani's references to opinions of other Madh-habs, including 640 rulings from the Shafi'i madh-hab, and 103 rulings of the Maliki madh-hab. The footnotes point out the sources of rulings that were correctly ascribed to the madh-habs, as well as indicate if an opinion ascribed to a madh-hab is incorrect or not the prefered opinion for that madh-hab.
- Biographical details of important figures referenced in the text
- Explanations of difficult words and passages.
- Clarifying ambiguous pronouns and their antecedents.
A must have for every student and teacher of Hanafi fiqh.
Beautifully composed, two color printing, with cream paper. 7 Volume set.